We recently helped Jaime Levy launch her UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products That People Want book earlier this summer at Cross Campus. So now Jaime’s going to help you build a better UX for your products in person!
Who Should Attend:
- UX designers who are working professionals at a startup, agency or enterprise. You have already created wireframes and sitemaps for a dozen+ projects but want to get more knowledgeable and involved in making product-strategy decisions.
- Digital product stakeholders ranging from product managers and developers to startup founders. You want to learn effective ways to balance great UX design with market opportunity and budgetary constraints in order to increase the likelihood of a successful online product.
What You Will Learn:
In this challenging, captivating and hands-on masterclass, Jaime will teach you and your teams:
- Why the empirical practice of user experience strategy is crucial for devising successful online products
- How to validate a real customer and their real problem to get to a real solution with market demand
- Why it’s so important not to reinvent the wheel and strive for a “Blue Ocean” opportunity
- How to identify direct and indirect digital competitors of your value proposition
- How to collect and capture quantitative and qualitative data for doing thorough market research
- How to conduct a methodical analysis so that you can take a stance on the opportunity space
- How to turn your insights into killer user experiences that make for a unique product using storyboarding techniques
- All attendees of the masterclass get a free copy of Jaime’s book UX Strategy.
- Having a laptop is recommended but not required. You can work in teams of two on the exercises that require a laptop.
- Coffee, water and snacks will be provided.
- There will be a one hour break for lunch; attendees will find a plethora of amazing and affordable local restaurants in Little Tokyo at which to dine.
Who’s the Teacher:
Jaime Levy is an author, professor and a user experience strategist.
Her new book is called UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want (O’Reilly Media 2015). It presents a solid framework on the practice, which lies at the intersection of UX design and business strategy. It is available on Amazon and at O’Reilly Media
For over 25 years, Jaime has been a pioneer in the creation of innovative digital products and services. Currently, she runs a UX design and strategy consultancy called JLR Interactive that is based in Los Angeles. She also teaches a graduate level course on UX design and strategy at the University of Southern California in the Viterbi School of Engineering.
Jaime speaks at design and innovation conferences worldwide and conducts public workshops and in-house training. You can find Jaime online at jaimelevy.com, follow her @jaimerlevy and read more about her on Wikipedia.