In this edition of the LAUX Meetup Newsletter:
DTLA Peer to Peer
ADP – UX Researcher
Aquent – UX Designer
Thinknear / Telenav – Senior Product Manager
SoCal UX Camp 2015 is this Saturday at the Garden Grove Campus of CSUF! Thanks to their Platinum Sponsors in their support for this “unconference”:
Blizzard Entertainment, Optimal Workshop, Vitamin T, The Creative Group, and Cal State Fullerton University Extended Education. See other industry leading companies such as Axure, The Omni Group and others supporting the event here.
The demand was so high that they ran out of RSVP spot’s in a few days! Hopefully you got in, but if not – there’s always next year!
Opodz, Little Tokyo, Los Angeles
It’s time to learn Axure, and learn it right.
We’ll take you through everything from the basics to advanced techniques in one weekend. Best practices will be stressed throughout, teaching good habits, time-saving tips, and tricks to enhance your workflow and deliverables. Taught by three mentors with over 10 years of enterprise experience: Beth Wegner, Patricia Bellantoni and Paul Lumsdaine.
DTLA Peer to Peer with Susan Oslin
Please join us tonight for our monthly event in Downtown Los Angeles generously hosted by BLSNKSPACES with Susan Oslin and special guests: Christopher Rider, Paul Lumsdaine, and More.
Special thanks to Vitamin T for their generous sponsorship.
Content Strategy for Mobile: A Case Study – Thursday, August 20
Explore mobile content and design challenges in this joint LA UX and Content Strategy Southern California Meetup Event.
About a year ago, the Internet passed its tipping point – U.S. web users now view content on mobile devices more than on desktop computers. Making sure content looks great on any device is now a fundamental requirement for all digital experiences.
This requirement is especially challenging for corporate and large enterprise web sites with all their baggage – legacy content, technical constraints, numerous stakeholders, restricted budgets.
Sponsored Job Posts
We are hiring UX RESEARCHERS for our NEW INNOVATION CENTER IN PASADENA! Come be a part of our start-up culture where we are building co-located teams to solve BIG customer problems with simple, elegant solutions our customers will LOVE. Must demonstrate experience and understanding of their user/product/domain space. Motivated Participant and User Advocate. Strong experience within a discipline. Shows a passion for understanding ADP’s products, domains, and users – with a particular focus on their own product/domain specialty.
4+ years of experience in user/product/domain space
Leads the research to build a deeper understanding of end-users; uses this learning to inform the team
Understands the product/domain life cycle and is familiar with the different phases in the process, timing the research to have maximum impact
Eager to broaden skills and domain expertise
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world’s largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible.
Apply for Position: email@example.com
In-house UX team needs help. There is a baseline design where there are new features and new hardware that gets added all the time. Client needs someone to come in and do mostly spec work and some independent design work. Will work directly with PM’s and their engineering and IT/ industrial design teams.
How you’ll do it:
- Handle the UX/interaction design needs of projects you are assigned to.
- Create project deliverables such as storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed designs.
- Participate in user research, competitive evaluation, and usability testing.
- Experience in user-centered design, demonstrable via portfolio of products and deliverables.
- Demonstrated proficiency in making interactive and time-based products that look great, work great, and are a pleasure to use.
- Strong conceptualization skills with deep attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to convey the intricacies of a desired experience to multiple audiences.
- Design and specification of UI behavior, including on-screen, in-browser, packaged software, mobile app, or hardware-based interfaces.
- Demonstrable experience prototyping for conceptual development, testing, demonstration and documentation.
- Design documentation including examples, wireframes, workflow, experience challenges and opportunities, specification of dynamic information displays, animation, sound, and haptic feedback.
- Ability to explain user experience to non-design personnel, in their language.
- A good understanding of graphic design and the ability to use visual design techniques to convey information and instructions to improve usability.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Should not just show visual design but the process and how you got there.
This is a 2-3 month project working on-site in West Los Angeles.. Local candidates will only be considered.
Interested? Please send resume, relevant samples, and rate requirements to Suzy Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mission is to deliver amazing mobile campaigns for our clients and partners. Wait, not just amazing. But bold. Smart. Fun. So we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager
- Contribute to the maintenance of overall product backlog and roadmap
- Gather and document detailed product requirements (business cases, user stories, wireframes) and prioritize features based on customer needs and expectations
- Communicating product features and benefits to the internal team to gain consensus
- Be a subject matter expert and advise on buy/build decisions, identifying potential partners, and providing requirements for third party software.
- Work cross-functionally across Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development and other teams to ensure delivery of key capabilities.
- Clearly and proactively communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes of new features/functionality to cross-functional project teams.
- Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.
- Give your boss a hard time – he deserves it.